Atlantic Electric panel heaters no longer following programme

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone had experience of these panel heaters from Atlantic Electric?

They have a 'pilot wire' system where the master heater has a small control unit at the back - you change settings on it, then plug it back in and it should tell the other heaters in that 'zone' what to do.

It had been working OK for a few years but now I've noticed they seem to be stuck permanently in daytime mode when I have them set to timer. I haven't changed the settings (see photo below) and have tried changing the CR2032 battery in the remote control unit but to no avail. It still flashes green when I plug the control unit in but it doesn't seem to then have any effect...

Ideally I'd like to switch them to something I could remotely control but all I can see (apart from whole new heaters) is the wi-fi controlled fused spur box from Timeguard, but they're about £50 a pop!

Sponsored Links
Hi :)

I have recently bought a property with this exact main heater in the living room and a similar remote heater in the bedroom, and I'm also having this problem: the remote heater appears to be stuck in the daytime mode. I have wondered if it's not correctly linked up to the main heaters remote control but I wouldn't know how to check that.

I'm also wondering if there's a way of setting the programme (so it comes on for a few hours in the morning and evening rather than permanently being on/off) without the remote control.

I'm hopeful you've found a solution along the way that you can share to help me out!

Thank you in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back