Adding a Towel Rail to a 10mm microbore system.

KER

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can anybody advise!

I am wanting to add a towel rail to a 10mm microbore system but I don't want to add it at the manifold as this will mean cutting a hole in the bedroom floor and possibly fitting a larger manifold. I was thinking of "teeing" into the 10mm flow and return pipes under the bathroom floor as I will be keeping the existing radiator. Can anybody see any problems with this i.e. will there be a problem with the heat output of both the radiator and the rail. The distance from the manifold to the existing radiator is about 5 metres and the towel rail size is 1222mm x 600mm.

Regards KER

Sponsored Links
How big's the rad, and how long are the runs to the other rads from the manifold?
Probably worth a try but could be slow or a pig to balance.

The boiler feed and return pipes run centrally across the house with the 10mm pipe work running off to radiators on either side. On the side I will be working on the 10mm pipe run to the radiator is 3.3 metres. The size of the radiator is a 620mm x 500mm convector. I will be tapping into this run [ at right angles] with a run of approx 1.8 metres to the new towel rail. Do you think it's worth the risk?

Regards KER

Yes that sounds reasonable, as the rad isn't very big and the run lengths aren't wildly different.Expect to do a little balancing (see FAQ), where you basically turn down the quickest rads to give the others a chance.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back