Adding Breakfast Bar to Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We just moved into a new house, and the kitchen has recently (last 6 months) been installed. It looks good, but the only issue is there isn't much worktop to work on!

The main unit spans the length of our kitchen (north side), and then there is nothing else. There is just an empty wall on the east side of the kitchen, so was thinking of adding in a breakfast bar across this wall. I'm just not sure how easy it is to do! I'm ok at DIY, and can follow instructions. Is this something someone can advise on what I need to do, or is it fairly complicated and I should get someone in? Is there much that's needed? Any advice would be helpful!

Thank you

Glen

Sponsored Links
If you want the new piece of worktop to join the existing, then it'll be cheaper to just get someone in, unless you happen to own a router, worktop jig, biscuit cutter, etc...

The cheapo option to join the two pieces at a right angle is this...
http://www.wickes.co.uk/Wickes-Worktop-Corner-Joint-Trim-Silver-Effect-28mm/p/310505
... but trust me, they look really bad and you'll always regret fitting it with one of those strips.

Gaz :)

Brilliant. I will get someone in to do it. Thanks for the advice.

Even if I think it looks ok, my wife will likely hate it if it's not perfect. That's not worth it!

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Hi, I don't suppose you would know how much roughly someone would charge to do this? I live in north London if that helps.

Thank you

Glen

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back