Adding HSA6200 keypad to HSA6400 set

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Im thinking of getting the HSa6200 keypad which I think is the hsa6080. How easy is this to add to the HSA6400 control panel?
In this way I can keep the panel out of sight with the additional keypad downstairs

Thank you

Sponsored Links
Easy, and the instructions are in the HSA6400 booklet

JohnD - retired from the police last year - you are spot on with all the advice you give individuals - keep it going buddy.

JohnD - re the HSA6200 learning in - there are several ways of learning the system in. What do you advise?

Sponsored Links
my instructions are the version dated 14/6/2012, there may be another version.

they say:

Keypad (Keys should be pressed positively within 3 secs of the

previous press)

1 Press Panic button A and enter 0000

(The LED will now be flashing. System is now in setting mode)

2 Press Panic button A and enter 7

(The keypad will confirm with two fast flashes that it is in "Siren as master" mode.)

3 Press Panic button A then 1 to send learn-in signal, then press disarm twice to quit. (The keypad LED will now stop flashing. If not, press "disarm" twice again)

and

Keypad code changing and setting

The keypad code is separate from the user codes and is used to access the keypad test (programming) mode. This will need to be changed to preserve security. The keypad has two operational modes, PIN code and command. The keypad needs to be set to the PIN code mode to be compatible with the control unit.

1 Press the ‘A’ key followed by factory default keypad code ‘0000’.

2 The LED will now flash slowly indicating it is in test (programming) mode.

3 Press the ‘A’ key followed by the ‘7’ key to set the keypad into PIN code mode.

4 Press the ‘B’ key and enter new four digit keypad code followed by the Arm key.

5 Quit test mode by pressing the disarm key twice. The keypad code and mode setting has been completed.

• The keypad code is not used by the system, only the keypad itself. You should not have to use this code again so make a note of it and keep it in a safe, secure place.

You really need the instruction that came with your system.

Sometimes you can download them from the Yale website. I do not have the URL

JohnD - thanks for the reply - please see the differing set up learning in modes. IMG_0934.JPGIMG_0931.PNGIMG_0931.PNG

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back