Adding Inhibitor to Sealed Central Heating - HELP!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Huy Guys,

Heeeeeeelp!!!

I have one of these;
p4558936_x.jpg

and one of these;
p4775347_x.jpg

to dose the sealed central heating unit.

I have emptied the entire system of water....

I then attach the bottle to the dosing kit and screw it onto the filling loop. I then open the valve and it will NOT go in. Aaaargh!! I've squeeze the bottle so hard it nearly burst but the liquid will not pass into the boiler?!?!

What am I doing wrong? I can't see anywhere else in the system where I can add the chemicals. I don't understand why it won't go in. If I fill the system with water it goes in fine. :(

Sponsored Links
you never thought about the check valve in the filling loop

remove a radiator plug and pour it in if the systems empty.

What's the check valve?

I tried to squirt it in a radiator and it just p!ssed out everywhere but in the hole. Maddening.

Sponsored Links
mains is a lot more pressure than you holding a bottle.

can't see how it pi**ed out when you poured it in a rad.
check the iso valve is opening and not just the plastic lever turning.

Yeah I wondered that. I tried to pour it in the bleed valve but it just poured all over the floor no matter how hard I pushed the nozzle in.

God this should be so simple. What other options do I have I just can't see where else I can add it? Cut my losses chuck the liquid away and use a concentrate to inject into a rad?

I opened both bleed valves on one rad and it just came out the other one. With just one bleed valve open it wouldn't go in as there is air inside and just went all over the floor. :(

Maybe I should try and pour it in an upstairs radiator that is more likely to be empty. The valves are open. Thanks for all your help. I've failed at this twice now and had to fill it back up again let alone wasted half the inhibitor.

I said inhibitor but I'm actually using cleaner as two of our radiators are very noisy in the morning ans wake us up. There is no air so I can only assume its debris the cleaner will remove.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back