Adding Inhibitor via Magnaclean?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, this is my first ever post!
My central heating system is running well but I am probably at the point where I need to top up my inhibitor levels.
Is it possible to add `Sentinel X100 General Purpose Inhibitor Rapid Dose Aerosol` or `Sentinel X100 General Purpose Inhibitor Concentrate` via the bleed valve assembly, or the actual lid, on top of my Magnaclean the next time it is cleaned out?
If I can achieve my aim without draining down the system, or partially draining a single radiator, or messing about with my difficult to access f&e tank, it would be great as I `m not very technically minded or DIY orientated :(
Grateful for any advice/opinions. MANY THANKS!

Sponsored Links
Yes take top off clean it out at same time as opposed to using bleed screw concentrate will be better as you wont get a litre bottle in ,in a oner

It's often difficult to get even half a litre of inhibitor in a Magnaclean, unless it's the new type with a drain plug. You'll have to scoop some water out of the Magnaclean body. Make sure you isolate it first! As gas112 posted, concentrate in a tube is best bet, about a third of a litre volume. They can be injected through rad vent too, and come with full instructions on how to do this. Many places sell simple inhibitor test kits from sentinel at about £3 if you're unsure of concentration. If in doubt though, just bang some more in, it won't do any harm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back