Adding inhibitor via the filling loop

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I wanted to add inhibitor to the system and got some Fernox F1 express so I could add it through the filling loop, the guy in the Fernox website made it look so easy. However his boiler was slightly different to mine and now I am unsure which side of the filling loop I should add the inhibitor to. My boiler is a Potterton Linea 24 and one side of the filling loop has the water tap and the other has no tap.

Any help as to which side I put the inhibitor in would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Jono

Sponsored Links
The inhibitor MUST go into the boiler primary circuit (normally into the return pipe), not into the cold water feed. Normally the boiler primary pipes (the flow to and return from the radiator circuit) are 22mm or 28mm in diameter, while the cold feed is in 15mm pipe. There should be a an isolation valve (and a check valve) at the cold water feed end and another isolation valve just before the flexible pipe connects to the boiler return.

Try and post a picture if you want a more definitive answer.

Hi Oldbuffer

Pic attached

Attachments

• pipes.jpg
    pipes.jpg
    127 KB · Views: 3,600
Sponsored Links
Left pipe is an incorrectly installed y strainer.

Boiker looks Vokera, so pipe layout isn't the normal config

If I were you, I'd buy the cans and add through a radiator or towel rail.

Drain it down, cut the strainer into the return pipe (in the same orientation), then pour the inhibitor directly into the pipe before you fill up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back