Adding kitchen ring

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to add a kitchen ring- Do the two ends of the ring need to be into separate MCBs in the consumer unit?
Looks like my existing socket ring has the two ends into a single pole MCB- is that OK?

:?:

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the advice- just need to get a new MCB for the kitchen ring and sort out the necessary certification.

If you are doing it yourself then the first thing you must do BEFORE YOU START is to advise the local authority that you are doing electrical work in a kitchen. They will want you to pay some money and will want to inspect the work at various stages.

Read the link, above. Especially THIS PART

Sponsored Links
Do the two ends of the ring need to be into separate MCBs in the consumer unit?
Looks like my existing socket ring has the two ends into a single pole MCB- is that OK?
If you don't know something as basic as that what on earth makes you think that you're competent to design and install new circuits?

Why do you want a ring final? In your considered opinion is it the most appropriate design? Will it comply with the final proviso of 433.1.5?

For a circuit to supply a given load, how would you go about deciding what cable and protective device to use?

Do you understand how the way in which you install cables affects how much current they can carry?

What are the rules concerning cables concealed in walls, partitions and under floors?

Which circuits should be RCD protected?

Do you know what tests you would carry out on the circuit - what sequence you'd do them in and at what point you would energise it? For each test do you know what is being measured, why it is important, how you would carry out the test, and with what equipment, and what sort of results you would expect to get if everything was OK?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back