Adding multiple lights to one light switch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am a novice with electrical although i can wire a light correctly (yeah, cool)

Anyway, in my closet bathroom i currently have one light which is operated from the switch in the hallway.

I am installing ceiling panels and want to have a few LED down lights.

My question is can these all be operated from the same lightswitch and if so how would i wire it?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
They can be controlled from the existing switch. Just connect the new lights (live, neutral and earth) to the existing light's connections in the ceiling.

And then when you find that the lighting "looks trendy" but is functionally complete crap* - you'll have a ceiling full of holes.

* Eg, you look in the mirror and see that the light shows up your bald patch but your face is in shadow.

Sponsored Links
And also you would need to consider the regulations concerning RCD protection for bathrooms plus part p regulations regarding safety.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back