Adding overhang to gable end

Si_

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please bear in mind I know next to nothing about roofs or building, so forgive my lack of terminology. The situation is this: I'm going to view a house that has no overhang on the gable end.

I'm given to believe this is not a desirable situation. With that in mind, is it possible to extend the roofline and if so, is it an easy or complex job (below on the photo there is a conservatory, if that makes any difference to the complexity in terms of access).

Also, what do you reckon that thing is (highlighted in green)? Something to do with an old aerial, maybe?

Any advice gratefully received.

roof.jpg

Sponsored Links
Looks like an old bit of wood the aerial poles been attached to.
The verge can be extended using broader slates under normal circumstances..

Broader slates sounds quite simple. That's encouraging.

Access could be costly if they have to bridge over a conservatory.

Sponsored Links
Dang, there's always a catch. In addition, there are solar panels on the roof. If they're leased them I'm not interested. If they're owned, and I purchased, they'd be the first things to go. Something else to add to the cost.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back