Adding plug sockets to loft

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I am wanting to add a few power sockets into the loft. Where should I take the feed from for the plugs?

I am putting a small LCD on the bedroom and want to feed the plug up into the loft to keep the wires out of sight.

TIA

Sponsored Links
Unless you already have sockets in the loft, I doubt you will have suitable cables up there already, so you will need to find a convienient point on the ring circuit feeding the upstairs sockets. Then you have two choices,

Choice 1. Run a single cable (spur) from the ring, from an existing socket or new junction box upstairs to the loft which will enable you to have one single, or one twin socket outlet, or one 13A fused connection unit feeding a number of sockets.

Choice 2. Break the ring and extend it using two cables, one from each side of the break and then run both up to the loft and continue the ring to feed the new sockets in the loft.

To conceal the cable(s) you can run them inside an airing cupboard, built in wardrobes etc.,

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back