Adding pressure transducer to central heating

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I'm doing a project to automate my heating with MAX gear and FHEM (some details on my blog at gw0udm.wordpress.com if anyone is interested). I've got a combi-based system and I'd like to find a way of monitoring the pressure in the system and logging it, also so that I can get advance warning if the pressure is dropping.

I've found a few transducers on ebay which are presumably more designed for cars but I don't see why I couldn't use one -eg:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/0-5-4-5-V...470230?hash=item236328bf96:g:uqgAAOSwFNZWxZe-

All the ones I can find seem to use quite a small thread, but I can't seem to find anything which I could use to connect this in to the main heating system (mostly 15mm pipes). Have I missed something? Has anyone else tried to do thos?

I'll need to get a plumber to do this for me anyway but would like to make sure I can get all the bits first.

I'd welcome any thouhgts

James

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
Drill a hole in something, e.g. a blanking fitting of some sort, and tap it with the appropriate thread (looks like M12). Apply sealant of some sort to threads and screw in.

just use a 1/2" x 1/4" brass bush and a 15mm x 1/2" F.I coupler and tee in.

Sometimes it's best to keep it simple!

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back