Adding Radiator To Kitchen..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I want to add a radiator in kitchen. I want to plumb it in from existing pipework going to my bathroom rad. My boiler is situated in the bathroom about 4 foot away from bathroom radiator..

From my boiler i have 22mm pipes for the flow and return, going to my bathroom towel rail i have 15mm pipes, is it ok to tee into these about 6 inches in from where they connect to the 22mm pipes?

I would like to connect them to 22mm pipes But it would be impossible to get any access to cut and add tee compressions on them as the pipes are solid and dont fancy messing the boiler pipes up.

I would like to tee in from the 15 mm using 10mm microbore to go to the kitchen, distance from 15mm pipes to the kicthen rad would be roughly 8-10 foot of microbore piping.

Ill try and draw a simple diagram to see if this method will work. Any help is greatly appreciated thanks in advance

Lee

Sponsored Links
Hi just drew this roughly :) would this work eg would both rads get hot? because before i heard if u tee from a feed going into rad then it can effect it, although it was mentioned the tee joint was almost smack on rad

sz8y83.jpg

thanks again

thanks for your reply, why do you reckon this about microbore? id prefer using it because its alot easier etc, i got 1 rad in house atm on microbore that heats up fine, rest of the rads (6) are on 15mm from the 22mm piping. So they will both heat up good even though im tee'ing from the 15mm? thanks again buddy any help is big help :)

Sponsored Links
Just got some 15mm piping will use this instead of microbore based on your advise lol :) going to have a blast at soldering it, only ever used compression joints wish me luck lol thanks again m8

You'll be ok, just takes a bit longer. You really would have regretted it if you had used microbore.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back