Adding radiators - 2xdrop down or 1x drop down & run alo

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Want to add 2 radiators to my current Central Heating system. The radiators are to be placed in a garage space (ground floor) which has a room above it with 2 radiators installed (on first floor). The radiators being added are to be positioned below those in the room above. So I plan to drop down from the pipes feeding the radiators in the room above, but would it be better to;

(1) Just drop the pipes down once to the first radiator, then run from this to the second radiator at ground level. [In this case it would be a 2.5m pipe run to drop down to the first radiator then a 9m pipe run from the first radiator to the second radiator]

or

(2) Drop down the pipes twice , once for each radiator to be added [In this case it would be a 2.5m pipe run to drop down for each radiator added]

i.e. is it better to minimise the pipe length and drop down twice (2x2.5m = 5m), or is it better to drop down once even if that means having a longer pipe length (2.5m + 9m = 11.5m)

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
You need to check what radiators the existing 15mm pipes are supply and see how much heat output is left to supply the 2 new ones. It may be better to come down with 2 drops to even the heat load out.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back