Adding a new radiator

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm in the process of renovating the downstairs bathroom and I wish to add a radiator in there.

The roof is a flat roof with nothing above. The floors are solid :(
I can break into the two pipe system in a nearby room but this would involve running the pipes vertically up to the ceiling and drop back down to the new radiator. It's a run of about 4m. Only 2.2m will be vertical.

Would this be ok?? Thinking of pump pressure coping etc or am I being daft??!!!

Thanks

Slipperz

Sponsored Links
If I understand your description correctly then the main issue you will have is airlocks in the pipes as they will run up from the existing pipework, then horizontally, then down to the new rad - is that correct? You would need a method of removing air from the high spots otherwise you will never get any circulation at all.

If I understand your description correctly then the main issue you will have is airlocks in the pipes as they will run up from the existing pipework, then horizontally, then down to the new rad - is that correct? You would need a method of removing air from the high spots otherwise you will never get any circulation at all.

Many thanks for your reply.

You are correct. I'm going to T off then vertical 2.3M across then down 2.3 M to the new rad.

What about a bleed valve on the horizontal run or 15mm drain valve?

Sponsored Links
A bleed valve should do the trick - one on each pipe run. Just so long as it's accessible for any future drain down/refill operations.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back