Adding Radiators in Loft Conversion

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

The house I have moved into has the loft converted into a bedroom with en-suite - all very good - however one thing that has been neglected is central heating !!! Therefore I am thinking of adding 2-3 radiators up there, and I'm not sure whether or not this is feasible.

I am planning on breaking into the Central Heating circuit in one of the bedrooms and then taking a T under the floor, off up the wall and into a void that runs across the back of the loft, from here I'm thinking of poking through into the relevant places in the loft and adding radiators.

Is this possible and does this seem like the right way to do it ??

Thanks

TP

Sponsored Links
Before you do any breaking in or poking around what heating system have you got?
is it open vented sealed what boiler have you got and what kw output is it??

HI

should be alright but depending on your boiler out put and where fitted .
although i have come across system which struggles feeding the rads in the loft where the boiler out put is low and fitted in the kitchen

Thanks for the replies, I've been blessed with a Halstead Ace High !!! Which from what I can work out from the label under the front cover has a max output of 30kw. The boiler is located in the garage.

Sponsored Links
Sorry for sounding stupid but whats the difference, does that mean do I have a header tank / cylinder located somewhere ??

I think the point of the question is that if you have a CH header tank in the loft and the loft radiators are about level with or above it you are going to have to do something about it.

OK, that being the case there is no header tank in the loft, the only thing I have is the boiler in the garage.

Cheers

Tristan

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back