adding radiators to micro bore

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all :D , i want to add a couple of rads to a micro bore system, i used to work for a plumber so i can do the practical side of things but obviously i am stumped on the design side of things and so i would really apreciate some help if you central heating gurus dont mind (its probally worth mentioning that this is in my own house and not payed work).

The house is a 3 bedroom house and has two rads downstairs, one in the living room and one in the dining room. The house also has two rads upstairs one in the bathroom and the other in one of the bedrooms. The two new rads are to go into the other two bedrooms.

Can i tee the new pipework off the existing flow and return micro bore pipework? Or would i have to run the new pipework from the manifold (although i would have to find it first)?

Also could i/would it be better to run the new rads in 15mm? and could i tee the 15mm off the existing flow and return micro bore pipework?

If there is any more info that will help then feel free to ask, all advice is welcome and like i said it will be very much appreciated.

Hope you can help.

Sponsored Links
You can run it in any pipe size you like but same size microbore is best as you will then avoid balancing issues as microbore is largely self balancing. ( Do you know Kirchoffs Laws? )

You will have problems unless you run it from the large size pipes feeding the manifold or unused outlets.

Tony

Sponsored Links
I think i know Kirchoffs law but i was taught it in relation to an electrical circuit, is it that when outlets are run in series the further along the line you get the less energy each outlet gets and if you run your outlets in paralell then each outlet will get an equal amount of energy.

Is that right or have i got confused, or possibly even invented my own law :D .

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back