Adding simple set reader to accenta mini gen 4

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys, hopeing someone can help, last year i replaced the original Eurosec alarm system with the Accenta mini gen 4 as the codes were lost and i was unable to default it. New system works great apart from the RKP is located no where near the exit door we use. I like the look of the ADE simple set reader as an addition but after studying the manual on how to wire it up it has the 0v, 13v, sounds, comms and tamper terminals, but the simple set reader also has two terminals marked "relay". the manual suggests i should have two PTS terminals (i presume means Push To Set) on the gen 4 but i cant see this anywhere. The only thing i have noticed is that there is a terminal marked set next to the bellbox terminals but the manual says this is for latching detectors where the output becomes positive on correct set of the system and is removed by correct entry of the user code. Iv tried to contact honeywell but they will only talk to contractors. Sos that dragged on. Reguards ED

Sponsored Links
I think the PTS connections are only used when connecting to other brands of panel , using their keyswitch zone.

I thought this but they are both made by the same manufacturer ADE Honeywell, and even on the honeywell website it says its compatible with all G3 and G4 accenta and optima models, I'v emailed Honeywell technical but don't expect a reply as they say they only reply to engineers :( However the standard LED and LCD keypads only use the "0v","13v", "comms" and "sound" to connect so i'm guessing the simple set reader uses the same connections and doesn't need the relay connection (maybe this is only needed for older models?)

Yes , I think it just acts as another RKP on the ADE system, and the relay contacts are to integrate with other kit.

Sponsored Links
Hi Eddylang,

I'm in exactly the same boat - I have an Accenta Mini ADE Gen4 and an ADE Simpleset. Did it work just wiring the 6 connections as if it's an RKP, and ignoring the 2 "relay" connections?

cheers
Thom

did you guys have any luck in the end? I have also just bought the same set-up?

Cheers

Anyone had experience with this set up?

Impretty confused how to hook it up

Thanks

Hi Alarm,

Thanks so it will work just connected to comms?

thanks again

Hi. I have an Accenta G4 with a RKP upstairs and a SSR downstairs. Have not used the relay connectors. Hope this helps.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back