Adding small rad onto current system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Do i need to drain down fully to add a new toilet rad or could i close off all the rads and just cut into the flow and return pipes under the floor?

The house has a big void under the ground floor and i can easily crawl around and just need to T into the 15mm pipes under the floor. Any excess water is ok to drain out onto the sandy floor.

Or do i just drain down normally with a hose pipe ?

Sponsored Links
just close all rad valves and release the pressure, you will get some water coming out while cutting the Ts in but not a lot

Sponsored Links
Should have said just close the TRVs if you have a towel rad or by-pass rad just close one of the Lockshield valves and count how many turns, and open again the same amount of turns when finished, and leave the fernox filter valves open untill you have lowered the pressure then close them and leave them closed until you are finished cutting in , then open them again before filling the system, remember and add some more inhibitor

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back