adding to garden wall ..

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a 1.10m high concrete block wall which i need to heighten by 3 rows of 10 because of broken fence on neighbours side and nuisance dog. The top row of the wall are the decorative ones with a curved diamond shape in a square block. It will all be repainted when finished. As the garden is terraced i will also have to tie in to higher part of the wall which bounds the top of garden.

However not sure whether to use lightweight breeze blocks or medium density ones - are the lightweight blocks prone to damp etc & need rendering before painting? They will be easier to lift as im 60 but not sure which best to use.
Thanks for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Dont use ligthweight blocks for a wall like that, They don't take rencer as well as normal conc blocks and could give you trouble if not prepared well.

If its a just a 4 inch wall I wouldn't just stick another 2 feet on and hope for the best. If you have piers already then it may be ok but if not you'd definately need to add some.

if its 9 inch then ignore the above.[/b]

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back