additional bathroom - new boiler/ solar panel hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am having an extra bedroom built with an ensuite. We currently have a combi supplying all hot water. I would like to be able to use the two showers at the same time. Can anyone reccommend the best option for me?
I am also considering a solar panel that would supply hot water.
I presume I can keep the combi, add a tank and store water and also add in the solar panel pipes to the tank.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
You presume alot it is not that simple and it takes years to recoup the inital outlay.
There are solar systems that work with certain model combis however most just supply warmed water to be heated up by the combi.
Ideally you need a twin coiled hot water cylinder and a conventional boiler.
You could just install an electric shower.
Have a google on solar systems most of the sites provide comprehensive illustrations.
This one is pretty good.
http://www.solartwin.com/index.htm
Pete

Thanks - I have already had a look at that site and requested a phone surevy/quote to see what thye have to say. It may take years to recoup outlay but at least I am doing my bit for the environment.

I could install an electric shower bit there is nothing like a power shower in the morning!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back