ADE Optima Compact 8EP396A reprogramming

JNR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I recently factory reset my alarm using the instructions from the manual cause I forgot the user code (how clever...). Everything went well but now after powering it up the tamper led stays on on day mode. Do I need to re program it after factory reset? If yes, what needs to be done? If not, what's wrong?

Thanks in advance

Nick

Sponsored Links
You still have a tamper issue eg bell, keypad , global, panel lid or you haven't pressed reset !

• Thanks
Reactions: JNR
You still have a tamper issue eg bell, keypad , global, panel lid or you haven't pressed reset !

Thanks for your answer sparkymarka. Lid is closed and reset pressed more than 1000 times :) the only think I need to check tomorrow cause kinda late now is I might put wrong sirens (honeywell activeguard) red and black wires on bell connectors after removing them to make it stop. Other thing that makes me think I mixed those wires is when I'm doing the alarm test is that the siren doesn't goes off. What do you think?

T is the tamper return wire remove and link to 0volts to see if this is the issue

Sponsored Links
T is the tamper return wire remove and link to 0volts to see if this is the issue

If remove the T will siren goes off? BTW the reason I factory reset it was I tried several codes and of course were unsuccessful. Do you think thats locked me out?

I think I found the problem. I think I mixed up the T and A wires. I put them the other way around. So now When I press reset the tamper goes, day led goes green but the siren goes On And on. now the siren stopped but the strobe is flashing (attack) normally r 2 leds flashing each time on operation mode. And when I'm trying to do the alarm test the siren doesn't sound. Any ideas?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back