Scantronic 9448+ reprogram

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, I can see there are a few posts on reprogramming the 9448+ but can't seem to see one that covers this issue.

Alarm went off during the day, not sure why, wife came home and reset it.
Didn't notice that Power LED was flashing, so it was running off battery backup...

Battery died in the middle of the night, alarm sounds.. after frantic Googleing, opened the box, found a blown fuse and replaced.

Wouldn't accept original code but reverted to 1234.

Next morning I reprogram the user code. At this point all LEDs are ok. Power LED solid and bright, no tamper LED.

Go to set the alarm and all zone leds cycle , I.E 1,2,3,4 etc light up in turn.
System won't actually set, alarm just rings after 30 secs.

Do I need to re-program? I can't see what I need to do from the installation manual.

I have 4 PIRS plus front door.

Any help appreciated. I can post images or videos even!

Sponsored Links
I don't remember ever seeing the LEDs on a 9448+ flashing in sequence like that. :eek:

I think I'd be tempted to restore the factory defaults and reprogram from scratch. Once you've looked at the book, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. (15 minutes, tops...) ;)

Sponsored Links
I don't remember ever seeing the LEDs on a 9448+ flashing in sequence like that. :eek:

I think I'd be tempted to restore the factory defaults and reprogram from scratch. Once you've looked at the book, it shouldn't take more than a few minutes. (15 minutes, tops...) ;)

Thanks.

If the code was reverted to 1234 then it reset itself?

Also , reading through the installation manual I'm not sure what needs programming? Seems like setting a code and factory defaults is all that's there.

If all the leds are flashing while you are trying to set it, they are all showing faults/triggered...

AlthougH the codes have defaulted, you cannot be sure that everything else has! If you default the panel, you will begin from a known starting point.

To start again:
0 <Enter> 7890 ________ This will put you in programming Mode
98 <Enter> ___________ This will restore factory defaults
10 <Enter> n,n <Enter> _ Enter the upstairs zone(s) which aren't set at night
15 <Enter> n,n <Enter> _ Enter the unused zone numbers
21 <Enter> code _______ Put in a new code for you
36 <Enter> 1 <Enter> __ This sets the hall PIR as Entry Route (probably)
42 <Enter> 3 <Enter> __ Set your bell time to 10 minutes
99 <Enter> ___________ This will put it back day mode

You could adjust your entry and exit times with commands 43 and 44, if you want to - check in your book.

Everything else could stay on the default settings.

I have made some basic assumptions about your alarm (no back door contact or smoke detectors). If it is more complicated than that, check in your book - there are only about twenty programming commands in total, so it's not that hard! ;)

AlthougH the codes have defaulted, you cannot be sure that everything else has! If you default the panel, you will begin from a known starting point.

To start again:
0 <Enter> 7890 ________ This will put you in programming Mode
98 <Enter> ___________ This will restore factory defaults
10 <Enter> n,n <Enter> _ Enter the upstairs zone(s) which aren't set at night
15 <Enter> n,n <Enter> _ Enter the unused zone numbers
21 <Enter> code _______ Put in a new code for you
36 <Enter> 1 <Enter> __ This sets the hall PIR as Entry Route (probably)
42 <Enter> 3 <Enter> __ Set your bell time to 10 minutes
99 <Enter> ___________ This will put it back day mode

You could adjust your entry and exit times with commands 43 and 44, if you want to - check in your book.

Everything else could stay on the default settings.

I have made some basic assumptions about your alarm (no back door contact or smoke detectors). If it is more complicated than that, check in your book - there are only about twenty programming commands in total, so it's not that hard! ;)

Thank you so much.

This reset did the trick. I had to omit the last two zones and change the exit time (default was 10 sec!) Plus change back the code.

My wife was impressed I managed to fix everything myself with no call out. I told her to thank the Internet!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back