ADE Optima Compact Zone 1 Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the alarm panel is not set, there are no faults indicated on LED panel. When I try to set the alarm, there is a permanent red light on for zone 1 (exit/entry zone) and the alarm panel beeps continuously and will not set. I have replaced the door contacts on zone 1 but this has not solved the problem. I have carried out a walk test, but once again the zone 1 led is on before I open the door. Can anybody please help with advice.

Sponsored Links
need to try a link in zone 1, if that behaves then you can look at your cable.

if it doesn't look at your programming.

Any issues post back here.

Thanks for that, I’ll give it a go and let you know the result.

I have linked out zone 1 and the led is no longer on and the alarm will now set. Most of the cable is buried but I will check out whatever I can see.

Sponsored Links
As a temporary measure is it possible to set zone 2 (just 1 pir) as timed or final exit?

Put the alarm pair from zone 2 into zone 1 and put wire link in zone 2,this will be your timed circuit without changing any programming.
You may need a multimeter to check cable out.
To check cable remove door contact and twist alarm pair together at door put back into zone 1 if alarm sets cable ok and possible faulty door contact.

Thanks Handymanjo, I’ll give all that a looking at tomorrow, but the door contact is brand new and just fitted today. However, I realise that it could be a faulty unit. Cheers.

A continuity test has shown that there is a cable problem. I was able to do further tests and found that it was just the red cable that had a break somewhere. I have now used the yellow cable in place of the red and all is working again. The yellow cable was previously unused. Thanks for the help guys.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back