Adhesive Carpet Cover Plate

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been looking on the tinterweb to try and find an adhesive carpet cover plate but cant find them anywhere despite my carpet fitter saying you could get them at places like B&Q.

I've got carpet meeting tiles and apparantly because there is a gap under the edge of the tiles if a normal non adhesive plate had been put down the tiles were liable to crack . .

So anyways - would be great if someone could point me in the right direction of an adhesive cover plate or at least confirm the existence of such a thing!

Cheers

Sponsored Links
You can get adhesive door plates but it if your tiles are liable to crack then any door plate you put down won't make a difference. If there is a gap under the tiles then fill this first and then put down your door plate.

The usual door plate for this situation is a z-plate which lips over the edge of the tiles and the carpet fits into the gripper on the other side of the plate.

Thanks for the reply. The carpet fitter at the time said that using a door plate that was screwed into the floor may lead the tiles to crack because of the pressure applied when screwed in.

Do you have a link as to where i can get adhesive plates . . .am having no joy whatsover with my Google search . .!

Thanks in advance

Sorry Tringo I don't have a link as I get mine from a flooring supply company. Whereabouts are you? If you let me know perhaps I could tell you the nearest supplier.

Sponsored Links
Flooringman - I live over in Leeds.

Any help you can provide much appreciated.

Cheers

There is a wholesale distributor in Leeds - Delta Carpets (0113 2404144).
Probably won't supply you direct but may well put you in touch with someone who can.
Let me know if you have a problem.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back