adhesive for quarry tiles onto epoxy dpm

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just had a wood floor put in on concrete, and needed to use a two part epoxy resin dpm to seal the floor and stop moisture affecting the wood. Left a section near the door to tile later with machine made 6" quarries, and now need advice on what kind of adhesive to use to stick them to the epoxy. The resin has set smooth and shiny like it's meant to, and I didn't think ahead and blind it with quartz or sand.

Is this just a matter of giving the dpm a harsh sanding then using an off the shelf adhesive for non-porous tiles, eg porcelain?

Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
Is there now, or was there, a moisture problem with the concrete floor?

If not. A very thin coat of bagged, powdered adhesive (a scratch coat), allowed to almost dry, and then trowel on in the usual manner.

No, there wasn't any obvious problem with moisture, and I put the epoxy dpm on because I had no faith that the DIY work done laying the floor in the 70s was any good - there was a plastic sheet visible along most edges, but in other places it was twisted or absent. Carpet's one thing, but solid wood's another...

A scratch coat's a good idea - should I be looking for any specific kind of powdered adhesive?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back