Adhesive options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please excuse the noddy question firstly :)

I'm geting a tiler to do a little bit of work in the bathroom to tile up a few sq feet of tiles for a sink splash back and I need to supply the adhesive + grout.

For the work already completed (floor + shower) I bought the BAL Rapid-Flex from Topps but can only get 20kg of it and this is way too much for the job. What's the best alternative in this case? Is the Wickes stuff any good? The tiler wasn't very helpful in this regard, did mention No More Nails instead but wanted to check if this is actually a sensible idea. He has been sourced through a building firm doing other work who have given us some pretty poor people so wanted to check his proposal.

Sponsored Links
A tiler with no adhesive is like a:

A Plumber without a pipe slice
A Chippy without a tape measure
A Spark with out insulated screw drivers
A Plasterer with out a trowel

Please feel free to add more.

Andy

Sponsored Links
I hear you. Unfortunately, they hide behind the contract of the loft build which states we need to supply adhesive, grout etc. Sometimes I wonder if I need to provide a spirit level and drill bits too.

I just want to give him the minimum required and then get these jokers out of my house.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back