Adhesive reqd to attach metal bracket to cooker glass door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:?: Due to an accident involving my grandson, a metal bracket has become detached from the outer glass panel on the main oven door of our Parkinson Cowan Town & Country Double Oven gas cooker.
Could anyone possibly recommend an adhesive which would be suitable for re-attaching that metal bracket ?
It must of course be able to withstand the heat generated in the oven; however there is an inner glass panel that provides some protection.
The bracket still has the original bonding agent attached to it. Should I remove that or would it be better to leave that in place ?

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that reply; I am now following up that lead.

However I would still be interested in other recommendations as this solution appears to involve the purchase of a high volume/cost for what I require - the bracket is only 1.5 inch square.

Sponsored Links
:rolleyes: :LOL: Just to point out that (due to timescales and postage costs), I used the adhesive produced by EVO-STIK called Serious Glue to re-attach both lower brackets and so far this seems to have solved my problem. Only time will tell whether they will remain in place under these somewhat adverse conditions.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back