adhesive thickness?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I am going to be tiling a small washroom floor, its concrete, and Im going to tile directly to the concrete. I have a new back door fitted one of these low threshold jobbies. What roughly would the thickness of the adhesive be once the tiles are bedded?

Is it ok to tile straight onto the concrete floor? If in time I wanted to remove them would it be possible to scrape the floor flat again with saw a wide cold chisel?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
The thickness of the addy depends on how big the tiles are (larger tiles need a larger notched trowel), how even the floor is, and down to how much the person doing the tiling puts down. It genrally shouldnt be be more than a few mm.

Yes you can tile direct on to the concrete and you should be able to pull up the tiles later. It will take a fair bit of effort to get all the addy up but is possible.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back