Different tile thickness

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently extended my kitchen into what was a downstairs bathroom with very old quarry tiles, these tiles have been taken up and new concrete base put in.

How long before i can tile on the new concrete floor approx 100mm thick (will be using pilkington 150 x 150 "quarry" tiles)

Also in the original kitchen are 6" x 6" red quarry tiles about 1/2 inch thick, these are on a good concrete base, but the concrete is slightly lower (thicker tiles) new tiles are about 9mm thick, is it ok to put a thicker bed of adhesive to join up to the old floor area (not sure if i've explained that very well)

Any help much appreciated

Sponsored Links
I'm still struggling with this has anyone else got any suggestions please

I have a small area of original concrete floor which has old style quarry tiles about 20mm thick, i don't have enough of the old tiles so will have to use the new "equivalent" which are only 8mm thick this is leaving me with 22mm between tile and concrete, the bagged adheshive will go to 12mm so not sure how to go about it

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back