Adhesive underlay

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Good morning all, first time here-what a great resource. A question re adhesive floorin. It would appear that there are 3 main brands- Elastilon,Envoy & Acoustalay.

I am planning on laying a solid oak floor,20mmx160mm and the above method would appear to offer benefits over a standard floating method.My question is does anyone have any recommendation for a particular brand plus any tips that will make the job go smoothly

Thanks Rob

Sponsored Links
Elastilon is the original brand, the rest are copy-cats.

Tips: go to the Elastion website and read up, they invented the stuff- they know the tips.
(For a first timer the first few rows can be tricky, take your time)

Thanks for the reply. I see from another post that you advocate floating also.Would you recommend this over adhesive underlay or vice versa.
Rob

Depends on so many things: what is the state of your underfloor, what is the area etc etc.
solid 160mm wide is wider than we normally would recommend - but then we are advocates of quality wood-engineered boards anyway ;) - and Elastilon might give you a better stability over the years.

Sponsored Links
sorry to drag this off topic, but can you sand your floor on top of this stuff? anyone have any experience?

craig

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back