Adhesive Vinyl Planks Small Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, hope some advice can be found.

I am fitting vinyl floor planks to my small kitchen, i have a nice level concrete floor.

I purchased adhesive and on the instructions it says cover the whole floor in adhesive and allow it to cure/become tacky.

My dilemma is, how do you then lay the tiles/planks without messing up what you have laid or becoming covered in glue.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
do one half of the room at a time, starting in the middle! Also dont glue out more than you can fit within the open time of the glue.

When laying them you can use masking tape to strap the planks together to stop them moving. Also work on top of a sheet of plywood so you dont point load and move the planks.

Use the correct trowel and there should be no glue coming out the joints!

Thanks for that. Another question, how do you deal with dishwasher and oven, do you remove them and bring them back after a couple of days, bit tough to do as gas cooker would need unhooking from gas line. The diswasher is pretty much flush with the floor oven has a slight gap but you can see down the sidea of them so I guess would need to be "tiled". The room is only about 6sqm floor space.

Thanks for the help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back