Adjust water pressure in a house with a PRV

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, is it possible to increase the water pressure in a house with a PRV on the mains inlet? The PRV is an RWC 312c 3.5 bar. I would like to increase the pressure foe my shower. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
It's always possible but if your shower is already on the receiving end of 3.5bar then it's more than likely you won't need it any higher.

The chances are there's a good reason the pressure on the incoming main has been reduced - need a bit more info before we can advise you.

Do you have a pressure gauge on the valve that indicates the actual pressure?

if you have an unvented setup. you shouldnt be messing with the controls. again more info on your hot water system.

Sponsored Links
Why is there pressure reducing valve on your incoming main,don`t say because the pressure`s too high, why was it fitted, for what reason?

Hi, is it possible to increase the water pressure in a house with a PRV on the mains inlet? The PRV is an RWC 312c 3.5 bar. I would like to increase the pressure foe my shower. Thanks.

If the valve you mention is already fitted, it will likely be due to a requirement of your system not to exceed 3.5bar. However, if you have a poor supply at the moment that valve will not actually be doing anything.

So you need to measure the actual pressure you have as likely it will be less than 3.5 bar (Which would give a very decent shower in most cases)

You must have an unvented cylinder.Your stuck with pressure you have although by law it must be 1bar,I think,or 1.5 which is pretty average,you can fit a booster pump to your shower if the pressure there is below the incoming pressure but this will only boost it to 1/1.5bar.If that aint enough you can fit a booster pump to your shower as long as it is fed from a tank,hot from a cylinder into pump,cold from tank into pump,then on to hot/cold at shower.Some electric showers can also be pumped from a tank.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back