Adjusting a soakaway

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A rainwater soakaway was built in my garden 5 years ago but I did not realise at the time that the drain cover would be level with the lawn, over the years I have built up the ground level and laid lawn over the drain cover but the grass never really grows.

Is it possible to remove the cover, a layer of blocks and in turn lower the top of the soakaway?

Sponsored Links
Possibly, depends on how the soakaway access was constructed and the level of the soakaway, got some photies of it without the cover?

I can't take any photos of it at the moment it's covered in ground, but it was built with concrete blocks, about a metre square and about the same depth, maybe a bit more. From the house plans I rememeber its about 5 metres from the house. It has a silver coloured lid, the sort with the criss cross pattern.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back