Adjusting composite door that sticks

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I have a composite door. I think solidor. It is sticking to open it. I know I can use the various screw points on the hinges to adjust but I don’t know which one does what?? I think it has dropped slightly.
Also, on one of the hinges the pin at the top sits proud of the hinge. Has done for a few months now. Cap won’t go on. tried turning it with Allen key but it doesn’t seem to go back in. Pics to follow

Attachments

• 196B0248-E46C-4AC1-B0FE-59786DE857D4.jpeg
    196B0248-E46C-4AC1-B0FE-59786DE857D4.jpeg
    57.1 KB · Views: 87
  • 5F705F2B-5C9A-4342-954C-33A57FABF81C.jpeg
    5F705F2B-5C9A-4342-954C-33A57FABF81C.jpeg
    48 KB · Views: 87
Sponsored Links
The one the hinge pin is sticking up on...undo the small Allen screw in the centre of the hinge and tap the pin back down, redo the Allen screw up.
To adjust it , you see the two big Allen key holes , either side of the hinge pin sheath ( with the small Allen screw in ) , they are your adjustment screw. Normally you need to adjust the top hinge and bottom hinge only , as it will pivot on the centre hinge.
Before you turn do any adjustments though , take a washable marker and put a line across half the Allen screw and the hinge ( so they line up ) . This will give you a reset point if it all goes wrong

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back