Adjusting conservatory doors

6 Mar 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi we have a conservatory (Rehau) and I am trying to adjust the excentric cams on the door hinges.
I am using an allen key that fits, but have managed to round the contacts in one of the hinges :(
Before I totaly knacker every hinge, is there a special tool for doing this or am I missing something?????
Sponsored Links
Hi There,

The hinges on your doors, are they quite large square type hinges or thin ones? the large ones are called flag hinges, and they usually have adjustment from underneath (to lift or lower) on the edge facing the door (to move the door sideways) and on top (to push the door in or out from the frame in an elliptal circular movement) what are you actually trying to do??
It's the "top" ones that move the door in an elliptal circular movement, they have an alen key fitting in the middle that is made of plastic and seems to strip when you try and adjust it......

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links