Adjusting my gutter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I had my soffits and guttering upgraded to uPVC last summer by (although I didnt know it at the time, a bunch of cowboys). After numerous call backs and joint leaks fixed etc they eventually started ignoring my calls.

Anyhow

this afternoons bout of intense rain has made me aware of a problem with the guttering along one side of the house. It is overflowing with water at a remarkable rate.

it is next to a joint and must be lower than the ends (where the downpipe is (i have a detached house so four runs terminate in two down pipes on the rear corners)

Is it easy to adjust the height of the guttering once it has been screwed or nailed into positon?

Sponsored Links
You will probably have to realign your gutters, that means you will have take them down and unscrew the gutter brackets . When you refix the brackets you can use a builders line and spirit level to give the gutter a fall.

you dont need to be a brain surgeon.. But saying that 2 downpipes to the rear serving 4 sides is far from ideal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back