Adjusting roof on semi

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We are planning an extension and the current bathroom roof joins the neighbour (Semi). Its actually a mid landing bathroom where the roof continues down from the pain roof. This part of the house wont be changed, but is knocked through into the extension, the problem is that the ceiling is low here and we need to raise it, its already sloping so the roof is directly on top with no space between other than rafters. The new roof will basically extend over the existing bathroom but i think we need to increase the height of a small section of party wall to sit the new roof on. I understand the party wall could be increased and the neighbours roof flashed into this so there would basically be a small section of visible wall above the neighbours roof and on my side I'd flash in closer to the top of the wall.

We are in Scotland so no party wall agreement required, but not sure how we go about getting permission to do this?

Does this sound realistic? is it likely to cause internal damage to neighbour?

Thanks for your help.

upload_2018-10-12_9-38-33.png

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back