Mono Ridges

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My neighbours and I have knocked down our old outbuildings, we have decided to render our side and neighbours are building a new larger outbuilding out of breeze block with mono pitch roof.

The builders have used mono ridges, but they protrude well over on our side of the party wall by 3 inches.

Is this standard roof construction for a monopitch roof on a party wall? I would of thought at worst, the rafters would be cut level with the edge of the party wall, then only batten and ridge tile would stand proud to provide a drip edge.

• Would the better of option of been building up the brick course and use a wall plate for the roof?
  • Is is acceptable to have monopitch ridge tiles encroaching on party wall, is there an alternative?

Attachments

• 20170511_141408.jpg
    20170511_141408.jpg
    109.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 20170511_142210.jpg
    20170511_142210.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 215
  • 20170511_142334.jpg
    20170511_142334.jpg
    157.6 KB · Views: 364
Sponsored Links
Looks cr*p , I cant see exactly what they have done. but I would have thought they could have adjusted the top course of tiles etc some how, then flashed in lead down over the original ridge tiles used as a coping.
TBH it would not have been more expensive as mono ridge are not cheap.. Awful!

Yeah a crap job. They have tilted the ridge, not laid the vertical edge vertical.

The minimum projection should be about 20 mm, the thickness of the tile. Sometimes a bit more if the roof is ventilated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back