mono pitch rafter

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Morning all

I would be grateful for confirmation on how to affix the rafters at the ridge level of a mono pitch roofed extension to enable the fitting of mono pitch ridge tiles.

Am I correct in thinking that it will be a similar arrangement as at eaves level? Whereby I affix a wall plate to the inner leaf of blockwork & then birdsmouth the rafter over that?
Would there be any other fixing of the rafter other than skew nailing thru the wall plate?
Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Are you talking about manufactured rafters (trusses) or cut roof?

How is your mono pitch configured? Is there a masonry support wall or are you building a stud wall?

If say you were using mono trusses then each truss is self supporting. It will have an upright piece as well as the rafter bit. You would normally ask the truss company to leave the rafter bit a wee bit longer as to allow an overhang beyond the vertical, to allow for sheathing ply and whatever covering you decide to use i.e. tile hanging, shiplap etc.

This then allows you to fit your mono ridge without falling short of cover on the top course of tiles. The mono is also fixed via two holes on the vertical bit and into a dedicated batten.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back