Adjusting UPVC Multi lock garage door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
HI all , I hope someone can assist with the following issue i am having with my garage door.
Unfortunately it is out of guarantee , so I cannot ask the installers to rectify the issue which has occurred again.

The door has become very difficult to engage the multi point locking system once closed, I am assuming it has moved out of alignment with the locking points.

I have adjusted the topmost hinge (silver with graduation marks) away from the hinge towards the first mark which made it much easier to lock , but the lock side bottom of the door had moved downwards and was catching which made it difficult to close.

The hinge Pin ?(inside the hinge) appears to have threads upon it and the hinge (once the top and bottom caps are removed are 6mm allen bolts? , is this a method of adjusting the door up and down ?

If anyone can advise me how the hinges are adjusted for height (if at all ) I would be very grateful.

Please see attached hinge images for reference

Many thanks in advance for any help

Glenn

Attachments

• adjuster on hinge.png
    adjuster on hinge.png
    395.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Front of hinge .png
    Front of hinge .png
    1.5 MB · Views: 51
  • IMG_20220314_175206.jpg
    IMG_20220314_175206.jpg
    246.8 KB · Views: 56
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back