ADT Galaxy Quote Code Issue

Imz

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I hope you are all well, I have a issue that I'm hoping one some of you kind folks can help me with. We brought a house late last year which had a ADT Galaxy alarm system in. All was ok, it was working fine until yesterday it came up asking for a quote code 60509, I called ADT who say the contract finished last year when the previous left and wanted to sell us a new contract at some crazy price.
All I want is for the alarm to just work old school like, I'm not fussed about it ringing anyone and telling them etc..
So my question is, is there anyway I can rest it etc just to make the thing work?
I have the two codes, our normal one and one I've found looking through the forums, however no matter what I put in it keeps asking for a quote code?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Many thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
not familiar with the Galaxy system, unfortunately.

ADT however are not known for being cheap, what do you call crazy price?

It used to be techistore remote reset in Galaxy panels , not sure about the newer versions

There must be an event for it to require resetting?

You would need the reset code, no installer should be giving out reset codes to non customers for obvious reasons.

Galaxy Guy from this forum may be able to help you, other than that find local installers in your area that deal with that system.

Sponsored Links
This suggests that engineer/ remote reset is enabled. To clear it, requires an engineer to reset the system in person or you quote the number to the alarm recieving centre and the supply you with a reset code. Obviously ADT won't help unless you take out a maintenance contract.

Are the not will to come out on a one off visit and set the system customer reset?

Hi,

Many thanks for your replys everyone, your right ADT wont give me the code without a contract which leaves me with the option of an engineer, now would it have to be an engineer or could I with some instructions reset it myself?

I'm more than happy to follow instructions if anyone has them?

Thanks again

Its nots something you can resolve yourself unless your willing to default and reprogram the system from scratch.

The other option is to contact a local installer that service and maintain galaxy system.

Which model is it?

Hi

I honestly don't mind giving it a shot, its not like its working anyhow, its either the Galaxy 8 or 16, I think its the 8 thou..

You could replace it with a new Galaxy G2-12 panel from ebay, they're pretty cheap (maybe £30 or so). The wiring in your existing panel should be similar and it uses the same keypad, battery, siren etc. It takes a bit of setting up but it's not that difficult if you're any good with that sort of thing. Bear in mind you'd be connecting to mains electricity tho so if you're not confident then get a pro in. Most of the system is 12 volt tho, so not too dangerous.

Hi,

Thanks a really good idea, Ill look for one off them today.
I was going to take the battery out and power it down from the mains today to try and factory reset it or something and see if the quote code disappears of it.. I might still give it a shot as Im pretty curious :)

With the G2-12 panel would I still keep the telephone line connected as it is?

many thanks

With the G2-12 panel would I still keep the telephone line connected as it is?

It depends what your system does at present. While you are in a contract your alarm would "phone" ADT if it went off, but as you're out of contract the phone line probably doesn't do anything so you could disconnect it. Beware it might show an error if you do disconnect it tho.

We had similar when we bought our house, ie an out-of-contract ADT alarm and no engineers code. It also didn't have an external siren, only an internal one (and 2 dummy boxes outside). Ours was about 12 years old so I looked at other options.

I swapped the panel for a Galaxy G2-12, used the existing sensors and contacts, and fitted a new external siren. I din't bother connecting the phone line. It wasn't too difficult but the installation manual takes a bit of getting your head around, and mine obviously involved screwing a new siren outside and running cable to it.

There's more to it if you want to add other things. I chose to fit a new keypad too, but only because I wanted the upgraded MK7 with volume control and keyprox ability. The keyprox thing is great when you come in with bags of shopping etc and just swipe the keytag against the panel. (the old MK7 would have worked just fine tho).

I also discovered Selfmon, a service which makes the panel contact YOU when the alarm goes off, and only costs a quid per month. You need to buy an ethernet connector for a shade under £50 and connect it to your internet. It also gives you full control over your panel from your phone etc. It works great. Google it for more info (I've no connection to the company other than being a happy customer). Quite a few on here are using the service, and the supplier is also a user on here.

Edit...the Galaxy G2-12 has 12 zones, so make sure your existing system has 12 or less zones before you decide to buy.

I agree with Alan. The 8/16+ panels are very old and not very well supported as they differ from all the other Galaxy range.

Replace the panel with a G2-12. It's likely that you have less than 12 zones, so it's a matter of changing the panel alone. Probably a good idea to change the battery too. A G2-12 panel will cost around £30 and a 12V 7ah battery around £15 delivered new from ebay.

Just label the wires when you switch over and place then in the new panel at the same zones.

There are plenty of people here who can help you along if you get stuck. Just post a photo of what you're stuck on.

Hi,

Firstly can I say a big thanks for all your help, I was stuck, stressed and frustrated with this alarm and this forum really helped also a big thanks to Ron.

I will have to invest in the G2/12 but for the time being I ended up resetting the Eng code which got rid of the quote code so the alarms back working which is a bonus. :)

I want to add a panic alarm as well as a few more PIR's and hoping it will have a dialer/text facility.. do you know if the G2/12 allows this?

thanks all

All zones on the G2 series are fully programmable, so easy enough to add additional panic buttons and sensors. Just ensure that the total number of zones is less than or equal to the number the panel offers and that the panel is capable of delivering the total power required. The G2-12 offers 12 zones, the G2-20 provides 20 zones by adding an 8 zone remote I/O expansion unit to the 12 onboard zones.

hoping it will have a dialer/text facility.. do you know if the G2/12 allows this?

I wouldn't waste your time with the dialler built into the Galaxy. It's designed to phone a receiving centre such as ADT and communicate with their computers, rather than send text messages to individual phones. It's possible to get it working using something called TAP, though it's very unreliable

You're better off with the Selfmon module from sm-alarms which is purpose built for sending texts and emails.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back