Advert for UK electrical wholesaler showing american electrics?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Did anyone else see this on the socials a couple of weeks ago?

TLC, A UK electrical wholesaler, advertising with a picture of US/American electrics?

I'm sure it was a genuine mistake, but who else (if anyone) noticed?

Kind regards: Elliott.

Sponsored Links
I didn't see it, but I guess they paid some external marketing firm who either didn't know or didn't care that electrics in different countries are different and that if you are trying to market to people in the UK then pictures of foreign electrical goods aren't going to make them think "that's what I want".

The point that they make about it being a “beautiful woman” reminds me of some of the pictures used to advertise power tools. The people using the tools are always WAY too smartly dressed to be doing DIY! My wife bought me an electric screwdriver as a gift recently and it came with a small flyer advertising the company’s other products, and depicted a smiling young woman driving in screws while dressed in a rather smart looking pair of jeans and a blouse. I don’t know about anyone else on this site but when I do DIY I always change into the oldest, rattiest clothes I can find as I know it’s certainly not going to be a very clean job.

Sponsored Links
The point that they make about it being a “beautiful woman” reminds me of some of the pictures used to advertise power tools. The people using the tools are always WAY too smartly dressed to be doing DIY!
BB.jpg

when I do DIY I always change into the oldest, rattiest clothes I can find as I know it’s certainly not going to be a very clean job.
I find I'm steadily increasing my collection of old and ratty clothes by forgetting to do that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back