Advice for water problem in bathroom

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi - I post this is general, as it doesn't really fit into plumbing...

In our bathroom we have a bath, with a power shower built onto the wall at the end above the taps. There is a shower curtain which hangs the length of the bath.

It doesn't matter how much we play with the curtain, some water always gets out from the top of the bath at the end by the wall, and runs down the bath panel. Over time this damages the woodwork and carpet, producing mould and rot.

I need an idea to stop this happening - there needs to be some kind of barrier at the corner between the wall and bath to stop this water getting out. When we first decoration the bathroom 4 years ago, we bought something from homebase - a small plastic triangle which stuck onto the top of the bath forming the necessary barrier. But it broke when we did some further work and have never found one again.

Any advice here greatly appreciated!

Sponsored Links
NBee said:
It doesn't matter how much we play with the curtain, some water always gets out from the top of the bath at the end by the wall, and runs down the bath panel.
I think the shower curtain are dangerous specially when they can get stuck to your wet body and end up attacking it :LOL:

You would be better off with a bath shower screen which will stop any leak and it's safer.

gvs2_small_small.jpg

:D

Trouble is my partner loves the shower curtain as it has dolphins on!!

What I need is something like that, but much smaller and triangular...

Are the curtain overlap inside the bath is deep enough?

Sponsored Links
NBee said:
:D

Trouble is my partner loves the shower curtain as it has dolphins on!!

What I need is something like that, but much smaller and triangular...

Tell them there are more dolphins in the sea, go for a swim instead. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back