Advice Installing Bath

I cant chop the wall because there are pipes on that wall which go from a towel rail down to the floor. Hopefully the taps should last although who knows with the way they are treated in my house :) there is an end panel which offers reasonable access to the taps should they require replacement.

Sponsored Links
Im with muggles chop into the wall. Surely the pipes aren't in the very corner you'll only need to chop 6 inch or so away from corner.

As has been said chopping the wall would be best but I guess that's not something you really want to do or it would be done already. It's a bit of a daunting prospect to cut into a nice new clean wall like that.

If the gap is the issue, cut the wall as it's the only way to remove the gap. If you don't want to do that then as previously advised. Fill the gap with good quality sealant, tile to the bath and then seal again.

Sponsored Links
What size is a normal gap, i thought that was mahoosive?
When we say quality sealant, what brands should i be looking for here?

I wouldn't be happy with a 20+ mm gap. Can you not share the gap maybe with the long side of the bath.
As for silicone i use Dow corning.

What size is a normal gap, i thought that was mahoosive?
When we say quality sealant, what brands should i be looking for here?

I was just expecting to see something way bigger when I looked at the photos.

Once you've tiled, that'll take away 10-11mm depending on tiles/adhesive.

I'd seal, tile and seal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back