Advice needed about telescopic ladders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

I am looking to get a 3.8m telescopic ladder mostly for outside domestic work but there are a vast range on the market. I have been told to avoid cheap Chinese imports but you normally can't tell on websites.

Extend are very highly rated but a little pricey (my budget around £100). Is the key determinant to ensure the ladder is European Standard EN131 compliant or are there other factors involved?

Many thanks for any advice you can give.

GG.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Yes I've used these ladders and some others that were more of a box section.
To be honest the biggest problem we have found is dirt. It's a good idea to give them a clean before folding them down as any dirt finds its way into the moving parts and then the whole thing sticks and of course the first thing that someone will do is give it a belt, sometimes with a hammer, and this only serves to make the problem worse in the long run as it causes twisting and bending which makes them stick which means.......
We only keep them for jobs where a full size ladder cannot go, inside a roof for example. I'd go for an aluminum double extender and fix a decent chain to the wall or concrete pad to lock the ladders up when not in use.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back