Advice needed, concerned about boilers condition in new hous

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
All, looking for some general advice/opinions.

I'm moving to a new flat next week, its an old tenement in Galsgow, split over two floors. Currently there are *2* Saunier Duval combi boilers in place in the kitchen, i dont know the exact make or model as i've not moved in yet. The two combis seem to feed into the same system i.e. acording to the current owner they are not set up to operate as 1 for upstairs, 1 for down, also there is only a single gas meter.

The boilers are old, 7+ years at least and they look a bit scrappy. The current owner has had a BG service contract operating for a few years so they should have been serviced regularly.

Question is this, when i move in have 5 days to notify the lawyers etc. of any problems, is it worth getting an independant inspection of the boilers orginised to check they are safe/fit for use or given that they have been on a BG service contract etc. do i need to bother?

Any suggestions/opinions

thanks
e

Sponsored Links
These are old and very unreliable boilers and it might be questionable how two boilers are plumbed in.

My best advice is to try very hard to continue the BG contract until you can replace them with a single new condensing boiler at about £3000.

Question to BG people, if two boilers conected together do Bg charge one or two annual bites of *** service charge?

Tony

they will charge for two boilers but at a slightly reduced rate

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back