Boiler Advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking at fitting a new kitchen later this year and want to move my boiler out of the kitchen into the loft. It would be mounted on the same wall directly above where it is currently located, so in simple terms all that would be needed is the pipework extending and a new flue fitting higher up the wall.

The boiler I have is a Saunier Duval and was manufactured in 2000. I don't know when it was fitted as I didn't own the house at the time, however would assume this was probably 2000 also.

I know boilers don't last forever and was wondering whether it would be worth getting my existing boiler moved, or if it would be better to get a new boiler installed. I imagine labour costs for a new boiler would probably be less than moving the existing one?

Can anyone give me a rough idea of costs for moving my existing boiler, and for having a new one fitted? (I don't expect people to commit to a quotation, just a rough idea of price so I know when I'll be able to afford it) The existing boiler is a combi, central heating system is a pressurised system with TRVs throughout, so I don't believe any changes to the system would be required.

Sponsored Links
When having a new kitchen designed and fitted is the only time I would advise a customer to replace the ageing boiler before time.

If not you will have the kitchen designed around the old one, then when it does eventually go, the new one won't fit in the correct space etc etc.

The price of the job depends on the quality.
You can probably get it move for a couple of hundred quid, and a new one from 800 upwards.
Don't expect either to last long.
Personally, I would not move the boiler for you; saunier is junk.
Minimum I charge for installing a new one is about 2000, usually more.
Might seem a lot, but quality has a price

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back