Advice needed for fitting a pump

Sponsored Links
Does this now mean I need three feeds from the loft tank? (1 for the cold inlet on the pump, 1 for the cylinder and 1 for the non shower cold water?) Or can the 28mm feed supply the cylinder and the cold service?

seperate feed for the other cold ain't a bad idea

the point of the cylinder feed being 28 is to prevent air being drawn in

less restriction on the cold feed

you could use a surrey or warix flange for the hot easier than an essex

raising the tank/s won;t be a bad idea either ;) View media item 14781 ESSEX FLANGE

View media item 14782SURREY FLANGE

Cheers Kev

So 28mm from cold tank to cylinder, reducing to 22mm at cylinder tank connector?

certainly won't hurt and make sure the cylinder connection is clear before you connect up

ie not full of scale etc ;)

now naff orf
im going to let some nutter draw on me :eek:

Sponsored Links
OK im half way through this and have come across a problem while trying to install the surrey flange. There appears to be a threaded reducer screwed into the top of the cylinder which is stuck fast. Have tried a spanner up to the point where it felt like the cylinder would bend.

Any ideas, blowtorch? WD40? Or is it easier to forget getting this off and buy an essex flange instead?

Heat and short sharp shocks with a hammer are the answer here.

If the cylinder is foam lagged then be careful with the flame, you may want the connect something to it and heat that instead thermal conduction will heat the joint.

When its hot put your spanner back on and put pressure on it as well as tapping it with mallet, this will crack the joint.

Is the pump going in the airing cupboard?

Hi JayJay

I didnt trust myself with the blowtorch near the foam insulation so used an Essex flange in the end. It was a easier to fit than people were making out. Yes the pump is going in the airing cupboard.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back