Advice needed for swapping Heatmiser RF receiver for Hive single channel receiver

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I would like some advice on swapping receivers. I currently have a Heatmiser Neo wireless setup but have recently purchased a Hive active heating single channel stat pack as I am after the app functionality. I would like to swap out receivers and assume it is a straight swap looking at the installation instructions but I don’t understand why there are 2 wires going to neutral (photo supplied). One is from the fused switch above and one is from the boiler (Vaillant ecoFit) but all installation instructions online show only one neutral going to the Hive receiver. Can I or should I use both still? Any help much appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_5557.JPG
    IMG_5557.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 354
Sponsored Links
I do not have the Heatmiser Hub which you need to have the app functionality. The price of that is not much less than the Hive deal on Amazon for £109.99 and the Hive seems to be a lot more highly rated so I thought I’d give that a go.

Personally I'd have stuck with the Heatmiser. No wiring required to fit it, and it's a perfectly good system. I've fitted over 100 Neostats without any issues and have lots of satisfied customers. An app-controlled Hive won't save you any money over app-controlled Neo.

If you're determined to press ahead with Hive, you should wire it in the same manner as the existing Heatmiser, IE two neutrals.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back